Friday, April 22, 2016

BloodChild

I think that it is a very common fear of somehow coming in contact with parasites, but I'm not sure how exactly this story is referencing this fear over straight up pregnancy.That being said I guess there can be an argument that pregnancy might in a way be closer to a parasitic relationship for some but I don't believe that this is what the story is saying. I think that the reactions in the story are still somewhat close to what our society goes through. Pregnancy is scary as hell and the fear of abandonment certainly is too. Although I find myself on the other side of the conflict I believe that this story was written in a way to make me think about it from the other side. I do think the reactions seen in the story although extreme are close to what you'd actually find in our society also because of the promises made of well keeping. The partners are also well capable of staying and taking care of the pregnant which is a detail which really connects it with our own society. A lot of science fiction speculation might take this detail out in a relationship such as the one being portrayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment